Meet: First Friday of every month, 12-1pm at the Glenpool Conference Center, lunch is provided
The Ambassador Committee is also known as our Directors of First Impressions. They are the face of the chamber to our prospective and new members. Our Ambassadors help welcome new members at our luncheons and introduce them to other members, host ribbon cuttings, and attend our After Hours event each month. If you are interested in hearing more information or in getting involved, contact the chamber today!
Government Affairs Committee
Meet: As needed, typically in fall months and take monthly trip to capitol during session
Our Government Affairs Committee is responsible for putting together our annual legislative agenda that we use as a chamber to lobby for pro-business issues and legislation during session each year. They also help host forums and legislative updates with our elected officials as well as those running for office. We only take stances on issues, not on actual candidates, and seek to inform the public and our members, not persuade. We take a monthly trip to the capitol with our committee to meet with our elected officials, as well as stay in touch with what is going on in Oklahoma City. If you are interested in hearing more information or in getting involved, contact the chamber today!
2015 Legislative Agenda
· Advocate for legislation that encourages business to locate and prosper in Glenpool
· Support efforts of local officials that will enhance quality of life projects in Glenpool
· Support the improvement and maintenance of Glenpool’s transportation and infrastructure (i.e. 141st and Highway 75 overpass; service roads along 75)
· Support efforts that will enhance educational opportunities in Glenpool
· Support efforts to restore funding for public education
· Include early childhood development in education focus
· Support efforts of officials to bring additional healthcare options to the Glenpool market
· Advocate for legislation that will responsibly reduce healthcare costs for Glenpool businesses
· Continue to develop changes in Oklahoma’s civil justice system that will make it more responsive to the needs of business
Government Affairs Committee Mission Statement
“To discover and evaluate issues of interest to the businesses in the Glenpool are; to take advocacy positions on thos issues; to educate members and the community on governmental process and activities in general; and to communicate the Chamber’s viewpoint clearly to our membership, elected officials, and the community at large.”
Click here to download our 2015 Legislative Agenda
To support and advocate for business and community prosperity.
To cultivate a thriving business environment resulting in a superior quality of life.
1. Brand Glenpool regionally as a destination city
2. Develop a strong sense of value for members in their membership
3. Implement a plan to become self-sufficient
Regionally communicate our story
Communicate business friendly, professional environment to attract young professionals
Tell our story to the citizens of Glenpool through social media
Regionalize Chamber events
Provide valuable relationship building opportunities for members to build their network
Provide valuable marketing opportunities for businesses to communicate their company to the public
Maintain an 85% member retention rate
Increase new members 5% annually
Plan for Self-Sufficiency
Maintain a task force to assess feasibility